TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - There are a TON of ways to save big bucks on the Z!
People Seeking Info

Subject There are a TON of ways to save big bucks on the Z!

Posted by Goldchocobo on June 10, 2015 at 12:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 646 times.

In Reply To Almost $20 for 3 rubber o-rings? posted by nonstopna on June 09, 2015 at 05:59 PM

Message Here's a nifty little list of things I have done to save, easily, thousands.

-Wrecked J30's are your best friend. Find a J30 in a wrecker, and rip out what you need! Odds are, it will work in the Z. My Z has a PTU, various electrical connectors, a large variety of hoses (including a PCV set), shift lock solenoid, an alternator, and soon a fan clutch. I spent about $40 on all these combined.

-ALL of the Z's electrical connectors can be found on Infinity/Nissan cars. Need a $500 harness? Naw, you need some fresh, new2you connectors bits for 15 bucks.

-I made EGR plates from a piece of scrap sheet metal and a hack saw. Need gaskets for those?

-Speaking of the EGR, my exhaust plug came from a oil pan bolt. 23mm, fits perfect. No need for the 40 odd dollar Z1 setup here!

-I made ALL of my paper gaskets, and exhaust gaskets, with gasket paper and a ball peen hammer. Lay the paper out on whatever you need to cut (plenum, TB's, etc), and tap the paper till it cuts. For the exhaust, I bought standard exhaust "paper" and copper, and cut away. ez pz.

I could go on, but there are ways around the Z money pit without sacrificing quality.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.